NYC NOWC Members
Now can request funding to organize their own programs!
Here is how:
Program Coordinators send NYC NOWC staff a general plan with details at least one month before a program. This plan can be sent to email@example.com. NYC NOWC staff are happy to support program coordinators with any aspect of this plan if desired. The plan should include:
- Proposed Date
- Short description of purpose and goals of the program
- Brief overview of proposed content
- Small budget with financial needs (ie: space, food, interpretation, childcare)
- Description of Intended audience
NYC NOWC staff will do the following
- Make sure proposed date does not conflict with another NYCNoWC program
- Ensure there is enough budget to meet the request
- Promote the program through NYCNoWC communications (if program coordinators desire)
- Provide the interpretation equipment, if needed. (Please note: Interpretation Equipment rental fee is waived for all NYCNoWC members. We do ask that members pay a small maintenance fee. All others must pay full rental fee).
- Ensure that the funds are being used by various NYCNoWC members.
- Respond within one week.
Program Coordinators sign an MOU and agree to the following:
- Program/training/conversation is intended for people from 3 or more cooperatives, and coordinator or others will outreach to the intended audience (or ask NYCNoWC to).
- Have all attendees fill in a sign in sheet in the appropriate format for reporting purposes.
- Return the sign in sheet and interpretation equipment within one week of the program.
- Open up the program to all worker-owners who fit the required criteria for the program
- Evaluate/reflect on the program through a preferred method and share lessons that other program coordinators can learn from with NYCNoWC staff.
- Take and share pictures for NYC NOWC communications if participants are comfortable