The NYC Network for Worker Cooperatives (NYC NOWC) is seeking a Temporary Grant Consultant to support the expansion of our organization’s fundraising and development. This role is on average 5-7 hours/week from December 2020 to June 2021. This position will be remote for the foreseeable future. We will work with the person who accepts this role to figure out the best structure for joining our team temporarily.
- Conduct research on grant opportunities that are aligned with our values, and maintain organizational grants calendar
- Write and submit grant proposals on behalf of the organization in collaboration with NYC NOWC staff
- Assist staff in building communications strategy for fundraising and grant writing
- Support with management of funder relationships
- Participate in biweekly fundraising committee meetings of the organization
- Experience in grant writing
- Excellent writing skills
- Must have the time/capacity required to fulfill the position.
- Ability to write with confidence and precision about worker cooperatives and NYCNOWC’s contribution to broader economic justice and social change movements
- Experience maintaining grant and reporting calendars
- Training in anti-oppression analysis and practice
Desired qualifications include:
- Familiarity with worker cooperatives and the Solidarity Economy framework
- Familiarity with the cooperative landscape in New York City
- Knowledge of NYC philanthropy and experience with family philanthropy
- Familiarity with government funding to nonprofits
● Salary: $50/hr for an average of 5-7 hrs per week from December 2020 to June 2021
In order to apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and 1-2 grant writing samples to Saduf@nycworker.coop by November 25th. NYC NOWC actively recruits people of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ people, immigrants, and people from low-income backgrounds. We strongly encourage applications from people with lived experiences in the communities with which we work.