October 2020- We are asking you, our members, for recommendations and nominations to fill four seats on our board that is slated to term out in November.
As a member of the NYC NOWC board, you will be part of an active worker-owner- led board that is stewarding exciting organizational transitions to meet the needs of staff and co-op members during these times. It’s a rewarding role for the right person. It would require 6-10 hours of commitment depending on level of capacity and involvement you want to sign up for.
We will be accepting recommendations and nominations for the NYC NOWC board until next Sunday, Oct 25th. After nominations, members will vote and elect on board members by November. Please let us know if you’d be interested or know someone who you think would be a great addition to our board. Self-nominations are accepted for consideration.
- Attending our monthly 3 hour board meetings
- English-speaking (though we hope to grow to become a bilingual space in the future)
- Belonging involved in at least one of the committees listed below:
- Executive committee
We are Actively Looking For:
- NYC-based Black, Indigenous, People of Color Worker-Owners
- Experience with Policy
- Experience with strategic and abundant fundraising & grant writing experience
- Experience with Strategic Capacity Building
- Farmers, Land Workers, and Food Sovereignty Organizers
- Language Justice advocates with experience organizing multi-lingual spaces
- Friends of the solidarity economy and other local social justice movements