With health and safety at work at the front of our minds two years into a pandemic, it’s important to remember that COVID-19 is just one of many workplace hazards. Join this bilingual community of practice of cooperators in NYC to strengthen your business’ health and safety program! In this community of practice your coop will have the opportunity to exchange with folks across different industries and practice tools to help identify hazards in your workplace. Participation also includes two free consultations from a health and safety professional.
Who should apply?
- One application per coop
- 2-3 Members per coop
- English and Spanish speakers welcome
Some possible training topics could include:
- Hazard assessment and identification
- Hazard prevention and control
- Safety program implementation and evaluation
- Building safety culture
- Develop safety committees
- March: Applications are due March 18th
- April: Initial consultation with safety professional
- May 3: Community of Practice Group Session #1, 6-8 pm
- May 17: Community of Practice Group Session #2, 6-8 pm
- June 17: Community of Practice Group Session #3, 6-8 pm
- June: Closing consultation with health and safety professionals
- We ask that at least 2-3 members of your cooperative join so that you can collaboratively bring back lessons to your coops
- All participants will receive a $100 stipend if they attend at least 2 out of the 3 sessions, and a certificate of completion if they attend all 3.
- Maximum of 10-15 cooperative participation