A coalition of worker cooperative support organizations has formed in NYC over the past three years. Although NYC NOWC has done our best to represent the interests and needs of worker-owners, worker-owners themselves have been mostly absent from participating in the coalition itself.
To address this, NYC NOWC is launching a leadership program for 4-5 worker-owners who would like to engage with the worker cooperative support and advocacy network in NYC. Leadership members will participate in advocacy efforts, and other activities of the support network as well as report back to, and receive feedback from other worker-owners at NYC NoWC gatherings. NYC NOWC will also create a virtual space for worker-owners to engage in feedback meetings, through video, online discussions or other platforms.
For their time and effort, coop members will be stipended on a sliding scale based on their income.
Leadership members will be supported in this process through orientations and trainings about how the network functions, coop related policy, and other topics as needed. Each leadership member will be paired with another member of the coalition for relationship building and support.
We ask that all interested participants fill out this application. The applications will be vetted by the NYC NOWC staff and board and final leadership members will be decided on by the NYC NOWC membership. We hope to develop a cohort that reflects the language, age and sector demographics of worker-owners in NYC.
- Be a worker-owner of an operating worker cooperative in the NYC area.
- Participate in all trainings and capacity building activities provided by the program (4 sessions).
- Attend all worker cooperative network events planned throughout the year, plus any working group meetings that emerge thereof.
- Reply promptly to emails and other correspondence.
- Childcare, Interpretation and Meals will be provided at all meetings.
- Each participant will receive a stipend for their participation in the program ranging from $500-$1000 depending on their take home salaries.
- Spanish or English speakers welcome
Application deadline September 15th 2016