Connecting Co-ops with Industry Experts
The CAP Mentorship helps pair worker cooperatives with experienced small business leaders and industry experts to coach and troubleshoot issues around growing and pivoting your business. We provide mentors a $1,500 stipend to support the cooperatives through a 5 month period. The cooperative can choose the mentor they prefer to work with. Each selected mentor will nurture and guide one growing worker-owned business in reaching its goals.
Small businesses with a mentor succeed at twice the national average. Mentors can: Share their unique skills and knowledge with values-driven worker-owned businesses, Help growing worker-owned businesses overcome challenges and obstacles.
- These grants can be accessed by any worker cooperative located in NYC.
- Priority will be given to cooperatives that haven't received this or other NYC NoWC granting opportunities.
- Priority will be startup or and operating worker-owned business.
Need help finding a mentor?
NYCNoWC will do our best to make referrals where we can, but applicants have control over their own hiring. If you need support, please schedule a meeting with our Membership Program director before the application deadline.
Applications will be released shortly. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis with a final deadline of June 1st 2021.
Please reach out to Emmanuel Pardilla at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mentors will be required
- Attend an hour orientation
- Provide 20-25 hours of mentorship over a 5-month period to help a mentee troubleshoot challenges
- Connect the mentee with your broader network and encourage strategic networking
- Provide ongoing reporting & end-of-program feedback on the mentorship program to improve its effectiveness
- Applicants fill out the application form. Applications are rolling with a hard deadline of June 1st. Feel free to reach out if you have questions.
- NYC NoWC Staff reviews applications based on decision making rubric.
- NYCNoWC staff schedule orientation with accepted participants.
- Participants and respective mentors fill out a Scope of Service Form.
- NYCNoWC hires/pays the consultant directly with an approved contract.
- Coops & respective mentors begin meeting.
- Applicants fill out a report back form no later than 1 month after contract.
- After 5 month mentoring period, NYCNoWC staff and participants will have a follow up call about how it went.