Interested in Joining the Training Collective? Attending the Training Collective Series’ Foundations for Worker Cooperatives could lead to an opportunity to be considered for candidacy for the Training Collective.
The NYC Network of Worker Cooperatives Training Collective is made up of current and former worker owners and those with cooperative support expertise. The goal of the collective is to teach and promote best practices from their experiences to coop businesses and start-ups, and to those who want to work according to cooperative principles. Trainers are paid between $30- $60/hr, depending on the type of work.
How it works:
- Applicants must submit an application by Friday February 12th. Everyone who submits an application will participate in the application process across the 6 month series.
- Applicants must attend 5 out of 6 workshops in order to be considered for candidacy
- Applicants must shadow at least 1 workshop in order to be eligible for candidacy. A shadow supports the trainers with the workshop in some capacity If an applicant attends at least 1 of the first 2 workshops, they can be asked to be a shadow for one of the remaining workshops.
- Applicants who successfully attend 5 out of the 6 workshops will be awarded a stipend of $100.
- After the series is completed, The Training Collective will vote on applicants who move toward candidacy status.
We encourage folks to apply who are former and current worker owners or individuals who work in the field of co-op development. We also encourage folks to apply who are multilingual, BIPOC, Queer, women, immigrant and/or neurodiverse. If you are interested, apply here!
Please note: While we aspire to have a multilingual team in the future, we are at this time not able to take on non-English speakers. This opportunity is only open to applicants who can speak English.
Have a question? You may reach out to Program Director Tammy Shapiro at email@example.com