NYC NOWC is pleased to offer sliding scale tickets from $10-$50. Sliding scale is a tool for economic justice which is based on a honors system. As a fundraiser, we ask for your active participation in deciding your contribution. True value is $50 per ticket. Because we are often socialized to see what we lack rather than the big and small privileges we do have, please read our sliding scale guide below:
Sliding Scale Tickets Guide
|| PERSONAL FINANCIAL EXPERIENCE
|Tier 1 - $10
- I frequently stress about meeting basic needs and don’t always achieve them
- I have debt and sometimes prohibits me from meeting my basic needs.
- Working through survival credit card debt.
- I have no access to savings.
- I cannot afford vacation or have the ability to take time off without significant financial burden
- I have no or very limited expendable income. I qualify for government assistance including food stamps & healthcare.
- My family does not have access to assets; I send money to my family when able.
- I rent lower-end properties or have unstable housing
|Tier 2 - $30
- I may stress about meeting my needs sometimes but I regularly achieve them.
- I have some debt but it does not prohibit attainment of basic needs. These may include student loans, and most people in my family have higher education.
- I might have some savings.
- I can take a vacation annually or every few years without a financial burden.
- I have some expendable income; able to some some new items & thrift others
- My family has some assets, like owning a home
|Tier 3 - $50
- I am comfortably able to meet all my basic needs
- I have some debt but it does not prohibit attainment of basic needs. Limited student loans and/or my college was paid for.
- I have access to savings and both earned and unearned assets.
- I can afford an annual vacation or take time off without a financial burden.
- I have expendable income.
- My family has assets like investments and property