Business Mentors Wanted!
The Cooperative Accelerator Project is looking for experienced business leaders to join our inaugural cohort of mentors. Based on their expertise and experience, each selected mentor will nurture and guide one growing worker-owned business in reaching its goals
Mentors in the Following Industries
- Construction/Home Improvement
- Residential & Commercial Cleaning
- Language Interpretation
- Yoga, acupuncture, alternative medicine
Small businesses with a mentor succeed at twice the national average. As a mentor, you will: Share your unique skills and knowledge with values-driven worker-owned businesses Help growing worker-owned businesses overcome challenges and obstacles Support the creation of good, sustainable jobs in our community, especially for people from vulnerable communities Be featured with a photo and bio on the NYC NoWC website and in social media posts.
- Attend a three-hour orientation
- Provide 20-25 hours of mentorship over a 5-month period to help a mentee obtain at least one new significant contract
- Connect the mentee with your broader network and encourage strategic networking
- Provide feedback on the mentorship program to improve its effectiveness